Water play for younger kids
Our specially designed splash park is a safe, shaded area created so that little ones can enjoy a cooling trip to the pool in the warmer months.
Open from November through to the end of March, the splash pad is a colourful area located between the main building and the grass by the outdoor pool. This gives parents and guardians a comfortable spot to sit and watch while the kids play on the equipment, enjoy the mini water slide and squeal as the dump bucket tips a drenching of water at regular intervals.
Splash Park Rules
The following rules apply:
- The splash park will only be operated when there is sufficient lifeguard supervision in place.
- Only lifeguards are permitted to operate the on/off switch for use of the splash park.
- The splash park is open to the public and cannot be reserved for private parties or functions.
- Children under 3 years of age are not permitted to use the slides.
- Children under 12 years of age must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Pregnant women, patrons with heart conditions and/or neck or back problems should not ride the slide.
- Patrons must be in good health and physical condition to ride the slide.
- Patrons must ride the slide riding facing up in a feet first direction.
- Patrons must exit the run-out after riding the slide as quickly as possible.
- No running or disorderly behaviour.
- All patrons must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family-orientated manner.
- No climbing, puling, swinging or hanging on the playground equipment or barriers.
- No running, jumping, diving or pushing others into the water.
- No pool toys, floats or chairs.
- No food or drinks permitted.
- Swim nappies must be worn for babies and toddlers that are not toilet trained.
- Children must be taken for frequent toilet breaks.
- Patrons must follow the directions of facility staff at all times.
- Patrons refusing to obey these rules are subject to removal from the facility.
After your little ones are comfortable in the water, take the next step and enrol them in swimming lessons. Our Learn to Swim program will be suitable for children aged 6 months and over, and classes are conducted by registered swim instructors.
More about learning to swim